Free Domestic Shipping on orders of $100+
Free Domestic Shipping on orders of $100+
Cart 0

Faith and Fitness Nutrition for Beginners

faith and fitness faith and fitness nutrition for beginners faith fitness nutrition fitness and faith fitness and faith nutrition fitness and faith nutrition for beginners

(click image to watch video on Youtube instead of read)

90% of you reading this article will NOT see the fitness results you're looking for, no matter how hard you work in the gym, for one reason - your nutrition is not on point. It doesn't matter how much cardio you do, you will not lose fat unless you're in a calorie deficit. And I don't care how heavy you lift, you won't build muscle without enough protein and energy to build new tissue. In reality you won't progress in any fitness endeavor without the proper amounts of macronutrients.

In this article I'll give you 5 steps to get you started eating right for your fitness goals. Yes the time you spend exercising is important and accounts for about 20% of your success, BUT the other 80% is determined by proper nutrition and rest. So let's get started.

Macronutrients. Real quick before we start, “macronutrients” refer to the 3 basic food types: protein provides the raw materials to build and repair tissue, carbohydrates are the body's main energy source, and dietary fats help transport and store certain vitamins, are involved in hormone production, and are a secondary source of energy in the body.

  1. Step one is to determine how many calories and the proper ratio of macronutrients your body needs each day to reach your fitness goals. You can do that by using an online calorie calculator like the S&M online calorie calculator that uses the Mifflin St. Jeor formula, which is the most reliable formula according to research. You should eat about 1 gram of protein per pound of your target bodyweight, which calculates to 30-35% of your total daily calories. And you should eat about 45-65% of your total daily calories in carbohydrates. The remaining 20-35% will be made up of dietary fat. Make sure you're getting your calories from wholesome and natural foods as much as possible, and make sure to drink plenty of water.
  1. Now that you know how many calories you need each day to reach your fitness goals, and how much protein, fat and carbs; step 2 is to actually track what you eat each day. It's literally impossible to reach your nutrition goals each day without tracking your food intake. (CTA) If this seems too complicated or overwhelming, I’ve created some free tools to help you get started. The S&M calorie calculator combo. It comes with access to the S&M online calorie calculator, the top 5 calorie counting apps, and the S&M glycemic index food guide - with nutritional recommendations and meal planning ideas to help you make better food choices. To learn more or to pick one up go to S&M.com/calories (rep.)
  2. Step 3 is to plan ahead. When you first start tracking your diet, it's nearly impossible to hit your calorie and macronutrient goals without planning ahead. The easiest way to do this is to plan out what you're going to eat tomorrow today. Take a few minutes each evening before you go to bed to plug into MyFitnessPal or whatever app you use, what you're going to eat the next day - breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks - make sure that the calories and macronutrients all add up. And then the next day you simply follow your plan. Having a plan mentally prepares you for success. Another way to plan ahead is to do meal planning, meal prep, or even batch cooking and freezing, so you have a variety of healthy prepared foods ready to go.
  1. Pre and post workout nutrition. In all your food planning, don't forget to plan out what you will eat around your workout. In short, you want to eat carbs a couple hours or so before exercise to fuel your workout. Some protein pre-workout is also a good idea so you have amino acids readily available to begin the repair process the moment you're done working out. And then post workout you want to get a good amount of protein to spike muscle protein synthesis, and carbs spread thoughout the day to replenish glycogen.
  1. Step number 5 is to put it all into action. Consistency beats perfectionism every time. You're not going to be perfect at this, but don't give up. When you fall, get back up. The more you practice the better you become. Be consistent and you WILL see progress.

What does the Bible say about it? The Bible has a lot to say about food and nutrition and consistency and perseverance. Galatians 6:9 says, "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Keep on learning and growing and putting what you learn into practice, commit to developing lifelong habits. With God's help, if you commit to the process you'll be unstoppable.

Okay that’s it for this week’s article. Thanks for joining me. Don’t forget to pick up my calorie calculator combo, the ultimate free tools to help you succeed on your fitness journey, just visit the link below. That’s all for now, God bless you, and I’ll see you next time.

 Free Calorie Calculator and Tools: https://www.spiritandmuscle.com/calories

MyFitnessPal Tutorial: https://youtu.be/7IuJxOpd-Zo


Older Post Newer Post


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published